Don’t Feed This to Your Dog

There are many foods that are seemingly harmless to us that can be toxic to your dog. Here is a list that you should remember and teach your children so they know that any of these items can make your dog very sick.


Both grapes and raisins can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and kidney failure.


Chocolate contains a caffeine-like substance that can be toxic to dogs. The darker the chocolate, the more the effect. If they eat it, they can become excited, have increased urination, muscle tremors, seizures and rapid heart rate.

Sugarless gum

Dogs eat gum every chance they get. Anything with xylitol, a sugar alcohol can cause a rapid drop in blood sugar in dogs. So no gum of any kind for your dog.


A chemical in onions damages dogs’ blood cells and can cause anemia. One small whole onion may be fatal.

Macadamia Nuts

Never leave these nuts lying around on your coffee table. A compound in them may leave your dog with temporary paralysis in his hind legs.